Manuscript Group 1079, W. P. A. Historical Records Survey, New Jersey, 1936 – 1938 Vital Statistics, 1795 – 1870
Archives Documents, Manuscripts, Maps, & Photographs
Manuscript Group 1079, W. P. A. Historical Records Survey, New Jersey, 1936-1938
Vital statistics, 1795-1870, 0.5 linear feet
Call Number: MG 1079
Works Progress Administration survey forms containing birth, marriage, and death records culled from local nineteenth-century newspapers and from county record offices. The following information is provided:
- Belvidere Court House: marriage records, 1830-1842.
- Cape May County: marriage records, 1795-1803; death records, 1857-1863.
- Deptford Township, Gloucester County: court dockets, 1792-1808. Includes those of William Zane, John Sparks, Abraham Innskeep, and Jeremiah Wood.
- Egg Harbor: marriage records, 1850-1854.
- Elizabeth: birth records, 1753-1761, from St. John’s Protestant Episcopal Church and the same, 1849-1850, from St. Mary’s Roman Catholic Church.
- Hudson County: death records, 1831-1850.
- Mays Landing: marriage records, 1836-1870.
- Monmouth County: marriage records, 1834-1844; death records, 1834-1844.
- Princeton: marriage records, 1801.
- Plainfield: death records, 1850-1851.