Scheduling a Group Program
To schedule a program for your group:
- Review the program descriptions appropriate for your group and select the program(s) you’d like to do at the Historical Society.
- Have the following information handy:
- Name of school/organization
- Contact person
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Number of people
- Age/Grade level
- Calendar with preferred dates
- Program choice
- Special needs
- Call the Historical Society at (973) 596-8500 between 9 :00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday, and ask for the Education Department. NJ Relay Service: 1-800-852-7899 (TTY/TDD)
- After arranging your program at the Historical Society, arrange your transportation. Buses may park at no charge across the street from the Historical Society; ask for a bus parking permit when you reserve your program.
Discount Transportation Rates: New Jersey Transit offers student tickets at a discount rate. The Historical Society is blocks away from Penn Station and Broad Street Station, Newark, and many buses stop at Military Park, directly opposite the Historical Society. To obtain student tickets, call New Jersey Transit at 1-800-772-2222. For more information on discounts for groups, call The New Jersey Transit Group Sales Office at 201-714-2880.
Make it a Newark Arts and History Day!
Complement your program at The New Jersey Historical Society with a performance at NJPAC, just ½ block away. Call (973) 642-2002 for ticket availability and a SchoolTime Performance Series brochure. Reservations and advance planning are needed.