How To Get Here: From Newark, Broad Street Station
Servicing East/West travel - New Jersey Transit Morris/Essex Line
BY BUS: ($1.35, bills accepted)
- Exit station, cross University Avenue
- Walk across paved plaza to Broad Street. From this side of the street, take Bus # 27 or 13 to Military Park (the park will
be on the left side of the street).
- Cross Broad Street and walk through Military Park to enter NJHS at 52 Park Place
BY NEWARK LIGHT RAIL ($1.25 - must purchase and validate ticket before boarding):
- The Newark Light Rail stops just outside of Broad Street Station.
- Go two stops to the Center Street - NJPAC stop.
- Take stairs from Light Rail stop to the Performing Arts Center.
- Cross Center St. to Park Place. Walk 1 1/2 blocks on Park Place to #52, green door.
- Exit station, cross University Avenue.
- Walk across brick plaza to Broad Street.
- Turn right on Broad Street and walk for 5 blocks (it curves to the
right), passing the IDT and Verizon buildings on your left, Washington
Park on your right, and the Kislak building on your right.
- When you see Military Park, cross Broad Street and walk through the park to enter NJHS at 52 Park Place.
The New Jersey Historical Society
52 Park Place - Newark, NJ 07102
(973) 596-8500 - Fax: (973) 596-6957
Copyright © 2001, The New Jersey Historical Society