Group Programs for Grades Pre-K – 12
(Preschool, School Groups, After School Groups, High School, Scout Groups)
Our trained Museum Educators will adapt any program to the age and developmental needs of your class.
Programs for grades: Pre-K – 12
How to Schedule a Group Program
Times and Days
- Education programs are available Tuesday – Saturday from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- School programs are 60 minutes for grades Pre K – 2 and 90 minutes for grades 3 -12.
- After School Programs are 60 minutes.
- $5.00 per child per program.
- A 50% program fee deposit and signed confirmation form are required within two weeks of the reservation to confirm programs.
- Chaperones admitted at no charge.
- Each program accommodates a group of up to 25 children.
- One adult for every 10 children is required for chaperoning.
- During warm weather, groups may eat lunch in Military Park, located directly across the street from the Historical Society.
- Bag lunches may also be eaten inside the Historical Society, only by prior arrangement with the Education Department.
- Would you like a more in-depth series of visits with your class? Multiple-visit programs are available, call the Education Department at (973) 596-8500.
Programs for Groups with Special Needs
- The Historical Society welcomes groups with learning, developmental, physical, and emotional disabilities, and English language learners. Our building is barrier-free and the Education staff is trained to work with groups of varying abilities. Please let us know of your group’s needs when scheduling.
Click to view current exhibitions