There’s something for everyone at The New Jersey Historical Society! Programs for the public at NJHS help all audiences interpret the collections and exhibitions through a variety of sensory experiences appropriate to specific ages.
Adult programs include walking tours, a brown bag lunch series, panel discussions, lectures, tour of exhibitions, and Research Library presentations.
Programs for families are interactive and inter-generational and include Saturday art/history programs, self-guided games, and tours of the exhibitions.
NJHS is barrier-free and many services such as tactile maps, audio guide tours, and assistive listening devices are available for visitors with disabilities.
Group tours are available Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Reservations are required. Guided tours are $5 per person. Self-guided programs are $4 per person. To schedule a tour/program, please call the Education Department at (973) 596-8500.
- Introduction to The New Jersey Historical Society: Guided tour of current exhibitions and our historic 1926 building.
- Introduction to the Research Library: Presentation to the library and archives collections.
- Introduction to NJHS and the Research Library: Guided tour of one or more exhibitions and research library.
- Self-Guided Viewing: Adult groups wishing to tour at their own pace will be provided with a 15-minute overview of the building’s history and the current exhibitions.
- Family Programs: Contact the Education Department for a list of programs for families or visit NJHS on a Saturday for a Family tour of the exhibitions.
- Special Programs: Ask about our Hands-on workshop programs for Adults, Seniors and Special Needs Adults.