Manuscript Group 139, East Newark Land Company Records, 1835-1848
Archive Documents, Manuscripts, Maps, & Photographs
Manuscript Group 139, East Newark Land Company
Records, 1835-1848, 1 linear foot
Call Number: MG 139
Articles of association, membership lists, stockholders minutes, stock certificate and transfer books, and other records of a company whose sole object was “the purchase of land in the township of Lodi, in the county of Bergen; and the state of New jersey, the improvement and sale of the same.” The East Newark Land Company was founded in 1835 by Pruden Alling, John P. Jackson, and Andrew Rankin of Newark. It is to be distinguished from another company of the same name, established in 1873 to develop lands in the town of Harrison.
Manuscript Group 47, John P. Jackson (1805-1861) Papers