Manuscript Group 1169, Grace Church, Orange, NJ Records, 1854 – 1981
Archives Documents, Manuscripts, Maps, & Photographs
Manuscript Group 1169, Grace Church, Orange, NJ
Records, 1854-1981, 22 volumes
Call Number: MG 1169
Grace (Episcopal) Church was founded by thirteen men at the house of Mr. Philander J. Bodwell in 1854. The church was built and consecrated three years later. The collection includes minutes of the vestry, 1854-1978; a parish register, 1854-1899, that gives information on Baptisms, Confirmations, Communicants, Burials and scant information on collections; a Book of Remembrance, 1952 that records the names of those who contributed funds to the Church. Inventory available.
Gift of the Episcopal Diocese of Newark, 1982.