Manuscript Group 1178, Jackson Glass Works, Waterford Township, NJ, Receipts, 1832 – 1833
Archives, Documents, Manuscripts, Maps, & Photographs
Manuscript Group 1178, Jackson Glass Works, Waterford Township, NJ
Receipts, 1832-1833, 0.1 linear feet / 1 folder
Call Number: MG 1178
The Jackson Glass works were established by Thomas Richards (d. 1860) in 1827 and operated until 1877. The collection is comprised, chiefly, of bills and receipts of this Camden County, New Jersey glass firm.
In 1827, Thomas H. Richards (d. 1860) established the Jackson Glass Works in Waterford Township, Camden County, New Jersey. His sons, Samuel H. and Thomas Albert (b. 1809) continued the operations until 1877 when a fire destroyed the factory.
Geo R. Prowell. The History of Camden County, New Jersey (L.J. Richards: Philadelphia, Pa., 1886).
Genealogical Magazine of New Jersey (The Genealogical Society of New Jersey: Newark, N.J., 1925-6).
The source of this collection is unknown.
This collection consists of receipts for goods purchased by the Jackson Glass Works from Joseph Rogers (fl. 1832-1833). The Jackson Glass Works bought hay, straw, cider and potatoes from the farmer.
Processed by James Lewis, April 2001 as part of the “Farm to City” project funded by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.