Manuscript Group 744, Midlantic National Bank Collection, 1804
Documents, Manuscripts, Maps, & Photographs
Manuscript Group 744, Midlantic National Bank Collection, 1804, 3 items Three acts of the New Jersey State Assembly proclaiming the establishment of the Newark Banking and Insurance Company, authorizing the establishment of a branch of this bank in “Powles-Hook” (now in Jersey City), and authorizing the governor to sell the right of subscription to the Newark Banking and Insurance Company. The latter became the Newark Banking Company in 1859, the National Newark Banking Company in 1865, and the National Newark and Essex Banking Company in 1917. All three acts were signed by Joseph Bloomfield, president of the Council Chamber, and James Cox, speaker of the House of Assembly. Gift of Margaret Brown, 1969.
|1||3 Newark Bank Acts||1804|
Processed as part of the “Farm to City” project funded by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.