The New Jersey Historical Society
Research Library Registration Form
Please print all information and present it to the Librarian with current government Photo identification.
Ms. / Mr. – Name__________________________________________________________
City___________________________________ State _________Zip Code_________________
Library Reading Room Rules:
- In order to protect the collections and provide researchers with adequate room to work, all personal possessions, including coats, umbrellas, briefcases, knapsacks, bags, and purses, must be left in the first floor coatroom where lockers are provided for storage of such items. Only notebooks and pencils should be brought into the Reading Room.
- Food , drink, & chewing are not allowed in the library.
- Only pencils may be used in the Reading Room (i.e. no pens, markers, highlighters, etc.), but laptop computers also permitted, provided other researchers are not disturbed. Library tables have electrical outlets. Scanners are not permitted.
- Materials must be handled with care. Do not place notepaper or computers on books or manuscripts. Do not bend, press down or otherwise manipulate or rearrange materials. Please keep books flat on the table and not faced down. Do not remove items from their place sleeves.
- Leave items on tables or return them to the reference desk after use. Please do not re-shelve any materials.
- Photocopying is very limited. Therefore, the NJHS encourages the use of digital cameras. Please review our Camera Use Policy for details.
- No material from the Historical Society’s collection may be reproduced in any form without the Society’s written permission.
- Cell phones must be muted or turned off to provide for a quiet environment for researchers. If you must place or receive a call please do so in the 1st floor lobby.
I have read and agree to abide by the Library Reading Room Rules
Type of Photo ID_________________________ ID number____________________________